Pre-construction Services Offered:
- Communication – Meeting with the owner to determine and understand THEIR needs.
- Owner Concerns – Determine owner concerns and hot buttons
- Design Assist and/or lead – Assist with completion of design with the aforementioned details in mind.
- Constructability Analysis – Review design criteria for constructability and best methods
- Value Engineering – As design and scopes progress, look for avenues to save the owner money during construction and the life of the product.
- Design Reviews – Assist and provide quality experienced input during the design review process.
- Estimating – Detailed budget planning throughout the entire preconstruction process.
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis – Determine cost over life and return on improvement cost returns.
- Scheduling – Detailed Critical Path Method schedules starting from the day we are on your team.
- Long Lead Items – Along with schedule, identify and procure long lead items to keep your schedule on track.
- Guaranteed Maximum Pricing –Nearing design completion, SDB will create a detailed GMP budget. Our attention to detail for each budget line item ensures our customers have the resources needed to obtain final approval of your project funding.
- Permitting – Assist in hand-walking your permit though the process.
- Subcontractor Prequalification and selection – With over 30 years of experience in Arizona, SDB has a full list of prequalified subcontractors to help make your project a success.
SDB offers Pre-construction services not only for large multi-million dollar projets, but for projects of all shapes and sizes. We approach each job with the same care and sensitivity by first listening to what our customers needs and concerns are. At the beginning of every project SDB conducts a pre-planning session with the owner, architect and SDB key personnel. Collectively we define specific project goals with consideration to scheduling, quality control cost and safety.
Randy Carlson LEED AP BD+C
Pre-Construction Manager / Estimator
Since starting his construction career in 1988, Randy has gained a broad range of experience in the field of project estimating. His responsibilities as an Estimator include conceptual and RS Means estimating and supporting the Design / Engineering Team with constructability input and / or material selections.
John Strahan - Pre-construction Manager/Estimator
John has a history of over fifty-three years in industrial and commercial construction, performing design-build, negotiated and hard-dollar bid public projects, more recently employed as a senior estimator/ pre-construction manager for Educational, Industrial and Water-Wastewater Treatment Facilities. John has strong capabilities in developing teamwork, conceptual estimating, scheduling, forecasting and value engineering.